Your prescription is shipped and billed monthly for $30. That works out to under a dollar a day! Shipping is always free.
- Nail healing is correlated with nail growth. With treatment, a healthy, non-infected nail bed will grow out over time.
- Fingernails grow fast and so fingernail fungus typically resolves within 3 – 6 months. Toenails grow slower – typically toenail fungus take 6 – 12 months to resolve.
In general, topical prescription medications (i.e.,those that are applied outside the body) do not have the side effects that you get when taking those same medications by mouth - you get the benefits but avoid the risks. Your caratin formulation takes advantage of this. Your topical medications may contain the following active ingredients.
- Amphotericin: Amphotericin is an antifungal ingredient that works by making the membranes of fungus cells leaky. When this happens, the fungus die. While it is classically used in hospital setting, topical formations of this effective medication avoid the side effects but retain the clinical impact. It is the only prescription antifungal that is generally considered safe to use in pregnancy.
- Ciclopirox is a prescription anti-fungal medication that works by preventing fungi from getting essential nutrients, thereby preventing essential cellular machinery from functioning. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. When combined with other prescription antifungals, the clinical impact is amplified.
- Itraconazole and fluconazole belong to a class of drugs called “azoles” that are typically taken orally. They slow the growth of fungi by disrupting their cell wall creation. With topical formulations, you no longer need to get blood tests to monitor for liver inflammation, nor do you have to maintain dietary restrictions.
- Terbinafine: Terbinafine is an antifungal agent that is typically taken orally, under the trade name Lamisil. With topical formulations, you no longer need to get blood tests to monitor for liver inflammation, nor do you have to maintain dietary restrictions.
At caratin, we will always provide the highest quality clinical care. Some clinical scenarios can be treated easily and with high-quality over the internet, while some are resolved in person with your primary care provider or a dermatologist. To keep this commitment, your provider will let you know if you are not a candidate and if so, all charges will be refunded.
If you have the following conditions, you will need to seek treatment in person from your primary care provider:
- Pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or nursing
- Age > 70
Caratin partners with the following pharmacies to fulfill user orders:
Valley Drug and Compounding
- 16928 Ventura Blvd
- Encino, CA 91316
- P: (818) 788-0635
- 1100 Canyon View Dr, Ste C
- Santa Clara, UT 84765
- P: (435) 703-9680